Sunday, June 14, 2009

The What Zone?

Not too long ago I posted a recipe for gob cake for my friends and family to enjoy. After reading their questions and remarks it became clear to me that not everyone knows about The Gob Zone. What is the Gob Zone? The Gob Zone is, by my definition, a particular slice of southwestern Pennsylvania with all its unique traits, one of them being a dessert called a gob. Though I may mention a gob here and there, this blog will mostly be about those other unique traits I have encountered over the last few years, as a spouse of someone who grew up in the Gob Zone. Call me an "embedded journalist", a "transplant" married to a "boomerang", a fly on the wall. I sometimes feel like Alice, saying, "Curiouser and curiouser!" Let's take a look at the Gob Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment